Spinlock Deckvest VITO 170N Offshore Hammar Lifejacket With HRS Option
The Deckvest VITO is Spinlock’s latest inflatable lifejacket harness technology, based on their design work for the 2017/18 Volvo Ocean Race.
Spinlock equipped all teams with the same inflatable lifejacket harness developed in collaboration with a core group of Volvo offshore sailors.
Fundamental to the new design was a lifejacket that crews actually wanted to wear more frequently, while developing custom features.
The innovative Harness Release System (HRS) is available both as a retro fit and also an already included option.
- Striking design finish in durable rip stop fabric
- 170N buoyancy with Hammar hydrostatic automatic inflator
- Structured fit allows easy donning with simple to adjust buckles
- Course and fine tune adjustment. Fit lifejacket to body size
- Fine tune adjust each time for layers
- Added protection in high impact areas
- New style structured sprayhood to reduce the risk of secondary drowning
- Pylon Lifejacket Light – high intensity, water activated flashing LED Light. 23cm flexible antenna wand gives improved visibility above head as well as water
- Lume-On – Lifejacket bladder illumination lights also included
- Wider 40mm leg strap with stowage
- Toggle attachment point for optional Chest Pack (DW-PCC)
- Optional Ocean Signal AIS MOB1 available to purchase as a stand-alone unit or also supplied fitted integrated within a Deckvest
Not only does the Deckvest VITO offer great safety to the wearer, it has many vital safety features including Through Life Support (TLS), online owner support during the working life of your Deckvest and Deckvest Owner Warranty extended to 5 years on registration.
Harness Release System (HRS™)
The Deckvest VITO is a 170N lifejacket with integrated Deck safety Harness. All VITO Deckvests are built to allow them to be upgraded with the unique Spinlock Harness Release System (HRS™). HRS™ is a unique system that ensures a simple release from a safetyline, even when fully loaded. It is easily accessible with either hand, but significantly reduces the risk of an accidental snag or release.
The Vito is also available to order with the HRS™ fitted. In addition, if required Spinlock can upgrade any VITO to include the new Harness Release System, at an additional cost.
Hammar Hydrostatic Automatic Inflator
Water pressure activates the Hammar inflation system is and will not inflate until the cap is approximately 10cm underwater.
This system is designed to be used in more extreme conditions and extended offshore sailing. The benefit of the Hammar® system is that the jacket cannot accidentally inflate from being wet with rain and sea spray.
The unit has a single indicator to show if armed.