Topper Topaz 14 CAT
The Topaz 14 CAT is designed by Yves Loday and Rob White. Loday and White is an International CAT Team of the very highest calibre, so it is no surprise that they have produced such a stunning new catamaran.
The Topaz 14 comes with a choice of four rig options including the totally awesome 14 ‘XTREME’ singlehanded version.
There is also a special school version with smaller dacron Main and Jib.
14 C and 14 CX
The standard rig has been kept relatively simple, the 14 C has a large dacron Main & Jib and a twin trapeze, while the 14 CX comes with the addition of a powerful Gennaker. Both versions can be quickly and easily rigged and de-rigged. In high winds, mainsail reefing is an option and the jib can be furled in seconds.
All fittings on the Topaz 14 provide supreme efficiency and outstanding durability. The controls, from raising the mainsail and jib to handling the mainsheet loads, are geared so that even young or lighter crew can handle them comfortably in up to a force 4-5. The rudder system is shared with many of the top end racing cats so it has been tried and tested to extreme levels.
The 14 CAT can handle any conditions. The hulls are constructed using the now legendary TRILAM roto-moulding technique used on the incredibly successful Topaz range of sailboats so the 14 CAT is incredibly robust and resilient.
The 14 CAT’s unique hull shape makes light work of big waves even putting many larger Cats in the shade. The hulls incorporate skegs rather than daggerboards so beaching the CAT is safe and simple. And the lightweight TRILAM Metalicene hulls are easy to handle ashore and require virtually no maintenance.
Topper Topaz 14 CAT Features
- Great value trapezing Catamaran which offers a great introduction to performance sailing.
- Loday-White hull design means more sailing and less swimming.
- Rig options to suit beginners, club racers and one or two crew.
- Option of single or twin trapeze.
- Reefing System for the Dacron and Mylar mainsail enables up to 20% reduction in sail area, meaning the boat can easily be sailed single-handed.
- Extremely buoyant hulls to handle power and guarantee comfort.
- Safe, stable and reassuring hull shape.
- Jib furler is standard.
- Sealed one piece mast for further capsize protection.
- Much admired single-line gennaker system enables effortless launches and recoveries.
- Fantastic control systems keep things simple and are easy to use.
- Proven lifting rudder system is child’s play.
- Lightweight hull is easy to launch and recover.
- TRILAM technology unique to Topper gives unrivalled strength to weight ratio and great uniformity, buoyancy, stiffness and durability.
- Three year hull warranty.
The Topper Topaz 14 CAT is available in a couple of setup options, please go to the official site www.toppersailboats.com to see the full range of options. We are here to help too, feel free to get in touch and we can help with pricing and details, please call +852 2827 5876 or use our contact page.