Hartley 10 or H10
The Hartley 10 is a very easy to manage entry-level dinghy. This attractive little dinghy is particularly suited to those in the early stages of learning to sail or those who just want a simple boat for getting out and about on the water. It is made from a 3 layer rotomould polyethylene which is very robust, hard-wearing and practically maintenance free.
The Hartley 10 has a single sail plan and the wide deep hull shape incorporates a very stable sit-in design with a high boom to more comfortably accommodate older youth and adult learners. The attractive hull shape moves swiftly over the water and self drains effortlessly.
The soft sail can be easily reefed by simply rotating the mast and wrapping the excess sail neatly around the mast to reduce the sail area. A high performance battened sail is also available as an option for those who what to experience the thrill of performance sailing.
The mast comes in two pieces for easier transport on a car top or road trailer.
Hartley 10 Features
- Very stable, manageable & forgiving
- Deep roomy cockpit – kind to knees & back
- Ample crew space – high boom – greater comfort
- High boom, better head clearance & visibility
- Dry boat – splash deflecting gunwale – self draining cockpit
- Easy to right after capsize – does not invert unless you sit or stand on mast
- Clear open transom – no fear of entrapment
- Comes upright with very little water in cockpit which quickly drains through self drainers
- Easily reefed
- Designed specifically for training & development
- Can be sailed by 1 or 2 people
- New generation rotor mould design – historic build problems now eliminated
- Specially designed gunwales to lift & grip securely – no accessory handles to break
- Excellent hull shape that sails over waves effortlessly
- Manageable weight – not too heavy to manoeuvre on shore
- Attractive design appealing contemporary boat look
- Suitable for beginners, intermediate, adult & youth
The Hartley 10 is available in a number of set-up options, please go to the official site www.hartleyboats.com to see the full range of options. We are here to help too, feel free to get in touch and we can help with pricing and details, please call +852 2827 5876 or use our contact page.