Topper Topaz Sailing System
The TOPAZ System hull comfortably holds two people of any size and most importantly comes with a choice of rig options. It is easy to handle and very robust and also provides a great introduction to sailing. In addition, the Topaz is also an ideal family multi-purpose dinghy.
The unique Trilam construction means the Topper TOPAZ is virtually maintenance free. The Topaz is a safe, user-friendly boat that can be sailed by children and also adults of all sizes and abilities. Lightweight is certainly a major factor in the Topaz’s popularity. Easy to pop on top of the car or stow on a club rack, the boat is a perfect club racer and similarly a complement to any family weekend. In short, with the choice of rig to suit your needs the Topaz offers a wonderful array of sailing possibilities.
Topper Topaz UNO PLUS
The UNO PLUS and UNO RACE PLUS give an extra dimension to the simple UNO rig. The upgrades require a minimal tweak to the rigging of the standard UNO but add a greater sailing variety that only the ultra-versatile Topaz Sailing System truly delivers.
The huge curvaceous self-draining cockpit is deep and safe providing more space than any other boat. There is comfortable room for two – an onboard instructor or you and a friend. The additional buoyancy required by the Sailing System and a higher freeboard than on competitors designs ensures that two people can enjoy perfect sailing without the boat taking on water over the transom or the bow nosediving.
The ‘UNO PLUS’ rig features:
- Reefable mainsail which allows power to be controlled depending on conditions and user ability
- Inverted leech making it easier to control for newcomers
- 2-piece mast and simple rig means the boat is easy to assemble
- The 1.75m2 jib is bigger than competitors designs offering fun sailing for children and adults alike
Topper Topaz RACE PLUS
The Topaz RACE PLUS has been designed for the more adventurous singlehanded sailor who demands that extra bit of performance. She is everything you want from a hiking singlehander. Painstaking development means that the RACE PLUS is powerful, fast and also responsive yet unbelievably easy to sail. Rigging remains simple, the only alterations to the UNO PLUS setup is a more powerful sail and also a longer rudder blade.
The larger 6.9sqm Mylar mainsail is fully battened and a fuller sail shape also cranks up the speed while retaining control. The rudder blade offers low drag and added control to enable you to enjoy all of that extra power.
UNO RACE PLUS – High Specification
It is as we progress up through the various Sailing System rig options that we begin to really appreciate some of the exceptionally high-tech fittings and features that come as standard on all Topaz. For example the neat 4:1 centre mainsheet system feeds through the top centre mainsheet jammer, this is fitted as standard on all Topaz models.
The Topaz also comes complete with a shock absorbent hull plate as standard. Developed from the famously robust Topper dinghy, the hull plate system protects the hull and daggerboard should you run aground. The rudder system will also kick-up to protect the blade in the event of impact. The RACE PLUS is a superb performance singlehander and gives you the freedom to really indulge yourself.
The ‘RACE PLUS’ rig features:
- Powerful yet controllable 6.9m2 fully-battened Mylar mainsail and 1.75m2 jib
Topper Topaz RACE X
The Topaz Race X adds a new and exciting option for singlehanded or two crew sailing. The power source is a large but controllable fully battened 6.9m2 mylar main sail and a big race jib. The icing on the cake for this little pocket rocket comes in the shape of a full-on 9.0m2 asymmetric gennaker.
RACE X – Affordable gennaker sailing
The gennaker system is supremely efficient and even young sailors can raise or lower the gennaker on a single line launch as smoothly as the professionals.
You can always keep the powerful gennaker under wraps until you are ready to unleash the ultimate adrenalin rush. But once you’ve experienced the power and control the Race X provides with kite up you won’t want to miss out ever again.
The ‘RACE X’ rig features:
- Powerful yet controllable 6.9m2 fully-battened Mylar mainsail, 1.75m2 jib AND full-on 9m2 asymmetric gennaker
Topper Topaz TRES
The Topaz TRES offers sailors of all abilities the excitement of the new generation racing designs at unbeatable value for money. The TRES utilises a second mast position to provide the perfect rig balance for two handed sailing. This is a unique feature of the Topaz Sailing System. Slot in the aluminium deck beam, tapered single spreader mast, add the trapeze and powerful fully battened rig and you’re ready to go.
The Topaz Tres is large enough to offer thoroughbred performance, yet easily handled by lightweights and young sailors. The TRES will inspire confidence in those who are new to high performance sailing. The secret is the perfect combination of power and control – The Topaz TRES is the ultimate first trapeze sailboat.
The ‘TRES X’ rig features:
- Non-tapered sealed mast with a hinged mast foot that can be rigged singlehandedly
- Big roach, fully battened mainsail and high aspect ratio jib
- Retracting pole and single-line hoist and drop Gennaker System
- Optional Trapeze
- Gnav System and centre mainsheet cascade for added cockpit space
Hull and rig design
The Topaz hull is designed to be stiff and light making it ideal for a full-on modern two-sail rig. Additional built-in buoyancy and a higher freeboard than on competitors designs ensures that two people can enjoy perfect sailing without the boat taking on water over the transom or the bow nosediving.
The tapered mast is supported by an aluminium beam that slots into specially moulded recesses. The beam also provides a neat platform for control line and halyard cleats for the sophisticated rig. Big roach, fully battened main and high aspect ratio jib transform the TOPAZ into a two-person flyer with a pedigree performance feel – yet no loss of the outstanding stability and vice-free temperament of the una-rigged versions.
Topper Topaz Features
- Choice of rig option to suit singlehanded or two-crew combinations of any size, age and ability
- Spacious and comfortable cockpit. More than enough room for two adults
- The UNO PLUS / UNO RACE are fantastic choices for entry level sailors and families
- Higher quality fixtures and fittings than competitors
- Very robust, ultra-tough, maintenance free TRILAM construction
- ISAF ‘Learn to Sail’ Training Programme Boat
|UNO +||Race +||Race X||Tres|
|Sail Area ex spi||7.39m2||8.68m2||8.68m2||8.75m2|
Hull Colour: Topaz TRILAM white hull with light grey fleck effect.
- TOPAZ UNO + Dacron mainsail is white. Dacron jib is all white.
- TOPAZ Race + Mylar mainsail is clear mylar with black trim. Mylar jib is clear.
- TOPAZ Race X Mylar mainsail is clear mylar with black trim. Mylar jib is clear. Spinnaker is black.
- TOPAZ Tres Mylar mainsail is clear mylar with black trim. Mylar jib is clear. Spinnaker is black.
The Topper Topaz is available in a number of colours and setup options, therefore please go to the official site www.toppersailboats.com to see the full range of options. We are also here to help, feel free to get in touch and we can help with pricing and details, please call +852 2827 5876 or use our contact page.