RS700 Single Hander Skiff
The RS700 is a super quick trapezed genneker weapon – yet is also the most user friendly single handed skiff by far. Not a bad trick.
Performance equalisation means that winners can be large or small, giving great racing and big atmosphere on the sponsored RS Racing Circuits. There is a cult following for this RS gem and it’s easy to see why.
- Long hull with wide enough waterline provide a relatively stable platform. Stability and little tendency to nosedive are essential to make this type of sailing attainable to a range of sailors.
- Flared topsides offer reserve stability.
- Tried and tested RS epoxy sandwich construction system – proven in terms of ultra-light weight, high strength and virtually zero water absorption.
- The deck at the bow offers maximum volume to shed water quickly if the boat drives through a wave.
- Spinnaker chute mounted as far aft as possible to keep the weight back and the spinnaker clear of the water.
- Cockpit design allows a secure helming position from which to initiate manoeuvres or hoist and drop the spinnaker – another crucial design element to make the boat as user friendly as possible.
- Spinnaker hoisting and dropping made simple by the large chute mouth and slick pump action halyard and downhaul systems.
- Carbon composite mast. Ultra-light weight with dynamic gust response in the tip.
- Mainsail has a long luff for efficiency and power.
- Only one full length top batten, plus three short battens for a “soft” configuration which gives a light and user friendly rig.
- Kevlar reinforced mylar sail fabric is used for strength, low stretch and high visibility.
- User friendly, highly effective rake and flattener system reduces the power to make the boat faster and more controllable in strong winds.
- Asymmetric spinnaker – high aspect for low sheet loads and good visibility. Silicone coated fabric makes hoists and drops faster, easier and extends the life of the sail. Downwind performance for the RS700 is simply sensational.
- Dagger board can be raked to balance the boat in a breeze when sailing with the rig de-powered.
- Lifting rudder for easy launching and recovery.
- Sophisticated GRP sandwich construction gives strong, light, high performance foils.
The RS700 is available in a couple of set-up options, please go to the official site www.rssailing.com to see the full range of options. We are here to help too, feel free to get in touch and we can help with pricing and details, please call +852 2827 5876 or use our contact page.