Exciting, award-wining double-hander with trapeze and genneker – With popularity rapidly spreading and an awesome race and social scene, the RS500 is a fashionable favourite.
The infectious popularity of the R500 has lead to the creation of a huge European race circuit for the young and young at heart. The hull volume and controllable rig create a wide competitive weight range and fast, comfortable sailing – in a boat that is quick to rig and user friendly afloat. The brilliant combination of speed, handling and racing whilst being comparatively easy to sail makes it universally popular.
Speed and handling
- Light, stiff and easily driven – the RS500 delivers exciting performance with user-friendly handling
- Every element designed to add performance, make the boat easier to sail, reduce complication and streamline production
- Uncluttered and spacious cockpit is class leading in its comfort for adults and young sailors
- Self draining cockpit
- Pivoting centreboard and rudder make launching and recovery easy – shallow waters less risky
Exciting and built to perform
- Quick to rig – easy to own – competitive, fast and a blast
- The hull design, cockpit ergonomics and rig size result from extensive R & D allowing the RS500 to suit sailors across a broad weight range
- GRP composite hull construction with responsive feel and performance
- Light – stiff – strong
- Rig design for power control and maximum crew weight range within a manageable size and loads
- Mylar XL spec mainsail and jib for light weight, low stretch, visibility and performance.
- Compression strut vang gives clear forward cockpit space for efficient, run through, crewing
- Asymmetric gennaker with double patch chute system
|Mainsail – Dacron||7.5m² (80ft²)|
|Jib – Dacron||3.0m² (31ft²)|
|Mainsail – Radial cut Mylar||9.5m² (100ft²)|
|Jib – Radial cut Mylar – battened||3.6m² (37ft²)|
|Gennaker||Dynalite 14m² (145ft²)|
|Mast||Tapered – aluminium alloy|
|Centreboard – pivoting||GRP sandwich|
|Rudder – lifting||GRP sandwich|
|Rudder stock + tiller + extension||Aluminium alloy|
|Compression strut kicker / vang above boom|
|Padded toestraps – for helm|
|Padded toe straps – for crew|
|Top cover||Breathable polycotton|
The RS500 is available in a couple of setup options, please go to the official site www.rssailing.com to see the full range of options. We are here to help too, feel free to get in touch and we can help with pricing and details, please call +852 2827 5876 or use our contact page.