Exciting, award-wining double-hander with trapeze and genneker – With popularity rapidly spreading and an awesome race and social scene, the RS500 is a fashionable favourite.
The infectious popularity of the R500 has lead to the creation of a huge European race circuit for the young and young at heart. The hull volume and controllable rig create a wide competitive weight range and fast, comfortable sailing – in a boat that is quick to rig and user friendly afloat. The brilliant combination of speed, handling and racing whilst being comparatively easy to sail makes it universally popular.
Speed and handling
- Light, stiff and easily driven – the RS500 delivers truly exciting performance with remarkably easy handling.
- Every element of the boat has been worked on to add performance, make the boat easier to sail, reduce complication and streamline production.
- The uncluttered and spacious cockpit is class leading in its comfort for adults and young sailors.
- Low transom design makes climbing aboard after capsize easy.
- Pivoting centreboard and rudder make launching and recovery safe and easy.
Built to perform
- Light – stiff – strong
- GRP composite is essential to provide the stiffness to weight ratio to create the RS500s crisp, responsive feel and performance.
- No other material can produce the same results for a boat in this sector
- “The RS500 looks and feels like a winner. It is a statement about our undiminished passion to offer the best boat in each sector – truly The Sailor’s Choice”
- Tapered aluminium alloy mast for gust response and rig tip efficiency, better speed and handling.
- Mylar XL spec mainsail and jib for light weight, low stretch and top performance.
- Dacron S spec (smaller) mainsail and jib for low stretch, ease of use and durability – perfect for training and holiday centres.
- Compression strut kicker gives masses of space in the forward part of the cockpit for efficient, run through, crewing.
The RS500 is available in a couple of setup options, please go to the official site www.rssailing.com to see the full range of options. We are here to help too, feel free to get in touch and we can help with pricing and details, please call +852 2827 5876 or use our contact page.