One of the most successful double handed race classes of the modern era – the RS200 responds to finesse and dedication rather than physique to allow couples and young teams share the action.
On the open sea or the smallest of lakes, the success of the RS200 is proof that it is by far one of the most popular boats sailed today. The 200 has a huge following and is raced passionately by hundreds of keen sailors making the competition at Opens an amazing experience.
Exciting performance, responsive handling and a fantastic circuit make the RS200 a legendary doublehander that everyone wants to sail.
- Spacious and deep cockpit for comfortable hiking
- Toe straps adjustable for both height and reach
- Thwart gives the crew a comfortable light wind position
- Open transom allows the RS200 to virtually self drain after a capsize and a moulded self bailer quickly removes any remaining water
- Immensely strong hull laminate ensures a long competitive life and trouble free sailing
- Fittings layout designed for all combinations of strength and experience in the helm and crew. Allows either sailor to perform important functions such as spinnaker hoists and drops plus cunningham and kicker control
- Top quality fittings
- Pivoting centreboard and rudder make launching and recovery easy
- Sophisticated GRP sandwich construction gives strong, light, high performance foils
- Makes the most of modern developments in power control, giving a broad competitive weight range and improved handling in all conditions
- Mylar mainsail has ultra-soft full-length battens. These reduce “ragging” to extend the life of the sail, yet still allow the sail to de-power at rest
- Dacron jib is easy to “read” in light winds. Sheet loads are very low, so even the lightest of sailors enjoy the ride
- Asymmetric spinnaker with single line hoist and drop system. So easy everyone can enjoy the fun. Anyone who has sailed an RS200 downwind in a blow will testify to the boat’s fantastic excitement and pace. Asymmetric spinnakers are fun to use, tactical on the race course and very easy for the crew to handle
The RS200 is available in a couple of set-up options, please go to the official site www.rssailing.com to see the full range of options. We are here to help too, feel free to get in touch and we can help with pricing and details, please call +852 2827 5876 or use our contact page.