The Hartley 12.2 completes the trio of Hartley boats in this exciting new range of rotomould sailing dinghies. Just like its stable mates the 12.2 is a very easy to manage and delightfully responsive dinghy that is particularly suited to those in the early stages of sailing. The Hartley 12.2 shares the same basic hull and layout as her sister the Hartley 12 but the exciting difference that you get with this boat is the full 3 sail plan, complete with extendible bowsprit and asymmetric spinnaker.
With a wide beam and deep hull shape this little gem is the ideal platform for experiencing the thrills of asymmetric sailing. The sleek hull lines and centreboard configuration result in a fast moving and exciting ride for experienced sailors while the wide beam and deep hull shape provide a more stable learning platform for beginners.
The Hartley 12.2 can be sailed with one, two or three sails depending on experience, the wind or number of crew. the 12.2r comes complete with a high performance mainsail, jib and asymmetric set of sails but has also the option of a soft reef-able mainsail and clip-on jib.
The deep hull shape enables you to sit-in this dinghy which is a far more comfortable sailing position for adult sailors! The high boom position makes for much better all around visibility and results in less bumps on the head for beginners. The attractive hull shape moves swiftly over the water and self drains effortlessly.
The Hartley 12.2 has a centreboard rather than a dagger-board to enable easy launching. Having a centreboard and an easy up-and-down rudder gives this boat a distinct stability advantage over other dinghies of this size and this feature is particularly helpful in shallow water during launching and recovering.
The mast comes in two pieces for ease of transport on a car top or road trailer.
Hartley 12.2 Features
- Very stable, manageable & forgiving
- Deep roomy cockpit – kind to knees & back
- Ample crew space – low centreboard case – high boom – greater comfort
- High boom, better head clearance & visibility
- Centreboard for maximum control – ease of launch & recovery
- Dry boat – splash deflecting gunwale – self draining cockpit
- Easy to right after capsize – does not invert unless you sit or stand on mast
- Clear open transom – no fear of entrapment
- Comes upright with very little water in cockpit which quickly drains through self drainers
- Easily reefed
- Designed specifically for training & development
- Can be sailed by 1, 2 or 3 people
- New generation rotor mould design – historic build problems now eliminated
- Specially designed gunwales to lift & grip securely – no accessory handles to break
- Excellent hull shape that sails over waves effortlessly
- manageable weight – not too heavy to manoeuvre on shore
- Attractive design appealing contemporary boat look
- Suitable for beginners, intermediate, adult & youth
The Hartley 12.2 is available in a number of set-up options, please go to the official site www.hartleyboats.com to see the full range of options. We are here to help too, feel free to get in touch and we can help with pricing and details, please call +852 2827 5876 or use our contact page.