Hartley 15 – For Training and Cruising
The H15 is the latest of the Hartley boats exciting new range of rotomould sailing dinghies. Just like its stable mates the Hartley 15 is a very easy to manage and delightfully responsive dinghy that is particularly suited to those in the early stages of sailing. The H15 is easily rigged and sailed with a 2 or 3 sail plan, it can be sailed single handed or with up to 5 people on board which makes it ideal for the family or for training.
The sleek hull lines and centreboard configuration result in a fast moving and exciting ride for experienced sailors while the wide beam and deep hull shape provide a more stable learning platform for beginners. With a wide beam and deep hull shape this little gem can also be the ideal platform for experiencing the thrills of spinnaker sailing.
The deep hull shape enables you to sit-in this dinghy which is a far more comfortable sailing position for adult sailors! The high boom position an G-nav system make for much better all around visibility and results in less bumps on the head for beginners. The attractive hull shape moves swiftly over the water and self drains effortlessly through 3 self drainers.
The Hartley 15 has a centreboard rather than a dagger-board to enable easy launching. Having a centreboard and an easy up-and-down rudder gives this boat a distinct stability advantage over other dinghies of this size and this feature is particularly helpful in shallow water during launching and recovering. should you capsize the mast is foam file at he top to inhibit inversion and inbuilt righting lines are provided to help with the righting process. The main sheet is centre mounted on a hoop so there are no lines or bridles at the transom to get in the way should you wish to slide back into the boat that way.
Hartley 15 Features
- Very stable, manageable & forgiving
- Deep roomy cockpit – kind to knees & back
- Designed specifically for training & development
- Can be sailed by 1, 2 or 5 people
- New generation rotor mould design
- Excellent hull shape that sails over waves effortlessly
- manageable weight – not too heavy to manoeuvre on shore
- Attractive design appealing contemporary boat look
- Suitable for beginners, intermediate, adult & youth
- High Boom G-nav system – great visibility & head room
- Centre main hoop sheeting – clear open transom with no aft bridle
- Aluminium Mast, foam filled at top to inhibit inversion
- Swivel pin in mast foot to enable safer/easier mast stepping
- Internal shroud anchor points so less snagging and bruising
- Centreboard and rudder have easy up/down systems for launching & recovery
- External rudder fittings to enable easier maintenance
- Large locker under bow with extra wide access door
- Furling jib and slab reefing points in the mainsail
- Both asymmetric and symmetric spinnaker options available
- Large chute opening in bow to allow unhindered spinnaker hoist & drop
- Dry boat with 3 self drainers in cockpit and deck splash boards
- Independent helm and crew toe straps
- Integrated righting lines and painter (tow line)
- Side & centre keel bands to protect the hull and the tail end
- Dipped thwart section to allow unhindered fore and aft crew movement
- Hidden strengthening bars within the bow & deck for increased rigidity
- Integrated stiffening system within cockpit floor, stiffness increases with load
- Roto-moulded Polyethylene construction – durable & very low maintenance
The Hartley 15 is available in a number of set-up options, please contact us and we can help with pricing and details, please call +852 2827 5876 or use our contact page.