Highly successful and incredibly popular gennaker powered double hander – the RS400 delivers great performance, exceptional handling and an exciting race scene.
The absolute winner in championship level racing, in hundreds of sailing clubs and in the hands of both men and women. The list of RS400 sailors over the years reads like a Who’s Who. Nothing matches the RS400’s balanced and responsive handling, its good manners in big breeze and the excitement of asymmetric racing in massive fleets.
- Perfect blend of speed, manoeuvrability and ease – truly vice free and a joy to sail
- Light and stiff foam sandwich construction.
- Stiffness and strength lead to maximum transfer of power into speed.
- Open transom gives a virtually self draining cockpit and the moulded self bailer quickly removes any remaining water
- Ergonomic cockpit design for comfortable hiking
- Toe straps adjustable for both height and reach
- Thwart gives the crew a comfortable light wind position.
- Wide hull allows leverage to be generated equally by both sailors, helms can be big or small
- Simple and efficient interior layout – principle controls are led to either side of the boat, so that the helm or crew can “change gear”
- Pivoting centreboard and rudder mean the boat can be raced in any estuary and make launching easy.
- Sophisticated GRP sandwich construction gives strong, light, high performance foils.
- Light weight Selden mast uses a section especially developed for the RS400
- Mast bend controlled with a deck level screw and adjustable spreaders
- Rake and sideways bend are further instantly variable via the jib halyard led back to the crew
- High quality sails with long competitive life
- Fully battened main and jib for shape stability, to reduce flogging and extend their life
- Perfect match between the mast and mainsail give exceptional power control. Coupled with the high volume hull these features ensure a wide competitive crew weight range
- Asymmetric spinnaker – easy to use, fast, fun and highly tactical.
- Evolutionary bowsprit can be canted to windward, allowing the RS400 to sail very fast at virtually any downwind angle.
|Hull Weight||85kg (187lb)|
|Sailing weight (ex foredeck)||129kg (284lb)|
|Sail area – mainsail and jib||14.76m² (159sqft)|
|Sail area – asymmetric spinnaker||13.94m² (150sqft)|
|Hull construction||Polyester GRP foam sandwich. Localised Kevlar reinforcement.|
|Sails||Mylar fully battened mainsail. Dacron fully battened jib. Single patch radial cut spinnaker.|
|Foils||Pivoting centreboard and rudder. GRP and foam composite.|
The RS400 is available in a couple of setup options, please go to the official site www.rssailing.com to see the full range of options. We are here to help too, feel free to get in touch and we can help with pricing and details, please call +852 2827 5876 or use our contact page.