Highly successful and incredibly popular gennaker powered double hander – the RS400 delivers great performance, exceptional handling and an exciting race scene.
The absolute winner in championship level racing, in hundreds of sailing clubs and in the hands of both men and women. The list of RS400 sailors over the years reads like a Who’s Who. Nothing matches the RS400’s balanced and responsive handling, its good manners in big breeze and the excitement of asymmetric racing in massive fleets.
- The result of Phil Morrison’s years of experience. Perfect blend of speed, manoeuvrability and ease. Vice free and a real joy to sail.
- Open transom gives a virtually self draining cockpit and the moulded self bailer quickly removes any remaining water.
- Ergonomic cockpit design for comfortable hiking.
- Toe straps adjustable for both height and reach.
- Thwart gives the crew a comfortable light wind position.
- Wide hull allows leverage to be generated equally by both sailors, making the RS400 a popular choice for mixed teams.
- The interior layout is simple and efficient. Principle controls are led to either side of the boat, so that the helm or crew can “change gear” without losing speed.
- Pivoting centreboard and rudder mean the boat can be raced in any estuary and make launching easy.
- Sophisticated GRP sandwich construction gives strong, light, high performance foils.
- The lightweight Proctor mast uses a section especially developed for the RS400. Bend is controllable using a deck level screw and adjustable spreaders.
- Rake and sideways bend are further instantly variable via the jib halyard led back to the crew.
- High quality sails are the result of long development hours in front of a computer and on the water.
- Both main and jib are fully battened to stabilise the shape, reduce flogging and extend their competitive life.
- Perfect match between the mast and mainsail give exceptional power control. When coupled with the high volume hull these features allow a truly wide competitive crew weight range.
- Asymmetric spinnaker – easy to use, fast, fun and highly tactical.
- Evolutionary bowsprit can be canted to windward, allowing the RS400 to sail very fast at virtually any downwind angle.
- Light and stiff foam sandwich construction.
- Polyester GRP foam sandwich
- Localised Kevlar reinforcement
- Stiffness and strength lead to the maximum transfer of power from the rig into speed.
The RS400 is available in a couple of setup options, please go to the official site www.rssailing.com to see the full range of options. We are here to help too, feel free to get in touch and we can help with pricing and details, please call +852 2827 5876 or use our contact page.