Extreme sailing – remarkable handling. The RS800 is a true double-handed skiff that allows both men and women to experience the thrill of real high performance racing.
By minimising weight and drag in the hull, the RS800 is powered to exceptional speeds using a manageable size rig. The result is a skiff that delivers the kind of performance most sailboat racers dream about – with highly competitive racing in big fleets and a very sociable class. Extreme, fast, competitive.
- Long and narrow on the waterline, to reduce drag.
- Flared topsides give reserve buoyancy for easier handling.
- Cockpit design was refined in 2007 and offers the helmsman a secure steering position from which to initiate manoeuvres – whilst allowing run-through tacks and gybes for experienced teams.
- Large spinnaker chute forward of the jib tack for fast hoists and drops with minimum loads.
- Incredibly light 62kg hull weight. Ready to sail the whole outfit is a staggering 110kg light.
- High tech construction system uses the tried, tested and immensely strong RS epoxy foam sandwich system.
- Daggerboard for low drag efficiency.
- Lifting rudder for easy launch and recovery.
- Sophisticated GRP sandwich construction gives strong, light, high performance foils.
- Carbon composite mast – very light and the flexible top section delivers excellent gust response.
- Sealed mast to reduce the tendency for the boat to invert when capsized.
- Mainsail and jib are built from ultra light, strong and high visibility mylar / kevlar laminate.
- Only the top two mainsail battens are full length, to create a light and forgiving rig.
- Self tacking jib ensures easy manoeuvres, especially offwind.
- Asymmetric spinnaker design with relatively short foot to minimise sheet loads and a high clew to aid visibility.
Performance equalised racing circuit
- The performance equalisation system measures weight and leverage – and gives high speed close racing with both big and small winners. It really works and is an integral part of the success of this fleet.
- The RS800 is the strongest skiff class in the UK with big fleets on the racing circuit.
- A number of mixed teams and many joint events with other great RS classes mean the 800 is also the place to be for the sociable side of skiff racing.
- The RS800 is now also spreading into Europe.
The RS800 is available in a couple of setup options, please go to the official site www.rssailing.com to see the full range of options. We are here to help too, feel free to get in touch and we can help with pricing and details, please call +852 2827 5876 or use our contact page.