The Hartley 12 is a very easy to manage and delightfully responsive rotomould dinghy. This attractive dinghy is particularly suited to those in the early stages of sailing. The Hartley 12 is so easy to sail, it’s wide beam and deep hull shape allow it to be quite tolerant and forgiving of the kind of mistakes made by less experienced sailors.
The Hartley 12 comes with a single reef-able sail and has a clip on jib option. The deep hull shape enables you to sit-in this dinghy which a far more comfortable sailing position for adult sailors and much kinder on the knees than sit-on styles! The high boom position makes for much better all around visibility and less bumps on the head for beginners.
The attractive hull shape moves swiftly over the water and self drains effortlessly.
The Hartley 12 has a centreboard rather than a dagger-board to enable easy launching, having a centreboard and an easy up-and-down rudder gives this boat a distinct advantage over other dinghies of this size during the launching and recovering of the boat.
The soft sail can be easily reefed by simply rotating the mast and wrapping the excess sail neatly around the mast to reduce the sail area. There is a optional clip on jib and a high performance mainsail available for enhanced performance and additional excitement.
The mast comes in two pieces for ease of transport on a car top or road trailer.
Hartley 12 Features
- Very stable, manageable & forgiving
- Deep roomy cockpit – kind to knees & back
- Ample crew space – low centreboard case – high boom – greater comfort
- High boom, better head clearance & visibility
- Centreboard for maximum control – ease of launch & recovery
- Dry boat – splash deflecting gunwale – self draining cockpit
- Easy to right after capsize – does not invert unless you sit or stand on mast
- Clear open transom – no fear of entrapment
- Comes upright with very little water in cockpit which quickly drains through self drainers
- Easily reefed
- Designed specifically for training & development
- Can be sailed by 1,2 or 3 people
- New generation rotor mould design – historic build problems now eliminated
- Specially designed gunwales to lift & grip securely – no accessory handles to break
- Excellent hull shape that sails over waves effortlessly
- Manageable weight – not too heavy to manoeuvre on shore
- Attractive design appealing contemporary boat look
- Suitable for beginners, intermediate, adult & youth
The Hartley 12 is available in a number of setup options, please go to the official site www.hartleyboats.com to see the full range of options. We are here to help too, feel free to get in touch and we can help with pricing and details, please call +852 2827 5876 or use our contact page.