The RS CAT16 is the newest addition to the RS Range and our first catamaran. Easy to handle, exciting and highly durable the RS CAT16 is perfect for sailing schools, beach clubs and family recreational sailing.
With significant technical developments in key structural aspects of the boat, the RS CAT16 not only looks modern, it also incorporates important practical benefits.
The hulls and beams are secured without holes through the skin of the boat – so the boat can be assembled or taken apart in around 15 minutes without need for sealant, using just one spanner. Bolts securing the beams and shrouds secure into stainless steel bars located in channels on either side of the hulls. Exceptionally strong, simple and fast assembly.
So the RS CAT16 can be stored in restricted space and even transported on the roof of a large family car.
RS Comptec PE3 – three layer rotomoulded polyethylene construction system – gives class leading durability, while latest design developments from innovative and highly successful multihull designer Jo Richards and RS Sailing ensure sparkling performance afloat, coupled with stability and easy handling built in by the RS development team.
RS CAT16 Features
Singlehanded or family crew
- Exciting for a single-handed adult
- Plenty of space for the family
- Blast across the bay – picnic on the beach
Sparkling performance with easy handling
- Designed by innovative multihull expert Jo Richards and the RS development team
- Easy handling with stable, buoyant hulls
- Practical features to make life easy for novices and experienced sailors
- Concave deck creates secure sitting area
- Lift & lock rudder system
Storage and transport convenience
- Fast assembly / separation allows storage in restricted space
- RS CAT16 can even be transported on the roof of a large car
- Practical moulded-in handholds make moving the boat easy on shore
Greatest durability – lowest maintenance
- NEW – Hull & beam securing system without holes through the skin of the boat – no sealant required
- Beam and shroud bolts secure into stainless-steel bars in channels on either side of the hulls
- Exceptionally strong, simple and fast assembly – just 15 minutes using only one spanner
- RS Comptec PE3 construction– state of the art three layer rotomoulding system
- Toughest outer skin – middle foam layer for stiffness – strong inner skin
- RS process leads the way & enables additional thickness in high load areas
- Reduces overall weight for better sailing – every RS offers the best performance and most rewarding handling
- Built in buoyancy from thick foam layer
- Strongest fittings attachment – through-bolted rudder systems
- Virtually maintenance free
- Toe straps above and below tramps to assist capsize righting
- Capsize righting line in under-tramp stowage bag
- Knife stowage under tramp
- Recesses in aft decks reduce volume and make it easier to “sink” a stern and right the boat from inversion
RS CAT16 Club
- Mainsail only – simple set-up
RS CAT16 S
- Single trapeze
RS CAT16 XL
- Twin trapezes
The RS8 CAT16 is available in a couple of setup options, please go to the official site www.rssailing.com to see the full range of options. We are here to help too, feel free to get in touch and we can help with pricing and details, please call +852 2827 5876 or use our contact page.