Kannad Safe EPIRB – 406mhz
The Kannad Safe EPIRB includes 406MHz and 121.5MHz for search and rescue. In addition the unique power of these beacons is in the flexibility and additional tracking capabilities. Qualities long demanded by maritime customers. This is the basic version of the SafePro and the SafePro AIS emergency location beacons.
- Kannad SafePro are MEOSAR compatible for faster alert detection
- Has two search and rescue frequencies (406MHz and also 121.5MHz) to support rescue
SafeBase – Strong impact resistant base to limit damage to EPIRB if dropped.
SafeLight – Three powerful 360 degree strobe lights.
SafeChange – Easy to replace battery back and remove the electronic head. All this is done through the base of the EPIRB.
SafeSwitch – Helps prevent accidental activation by covering the power button.
SafeTransfer – Safety bracket for transporting the EPIRB without the risk of accidental activation.
- Accidental activation protection
- Rugged construction optimised for commercial environments
- 360-degree strobe
- Comes with safety bracket
- 10-year battery life
- Sealed Electronic and also Battery Unit
- Manual/Auto release options
- Subscription Free
- Multiple self tests 120 short tests for system check and also 20 Long tests
- Alerts global Search & Rescue professionals via Cospas Sarsat 406MHz frequency
- Locates to within 3-5km
- Uses 121.5Mhz frequency to home into EPIRB location
- Multiple false activation protection measures
- Optimised for MEOSAR Enhanced detection capability for accelerated rescue
EPIRB Activation Options
Manual Activation EPIRBs: The unit comes in a SafeTransfer bracket which prevents accidental activation of the water switches. This needs to be removed and the unit submerged to activate. Moreover, users can lift the red tab and activate directly. In addition, the manual EPIRB is considered the crews’ emergency beacon and travels with the crew on to the liferaft.
- SmartTransfer Bracket
- Magnet deactivates sea contacts during transport
- Prevents unwanted activations
- Best to mount on bulkheads in clear view near emergency exit
Automatic Activation EPIRBs: The unit is in cased in a Auto-house containing a Hydrostatic Release Unit which activates when the vessel is submerged, releasing the water activated EPIRB. Moreover the Auto EPIRB is thought of as the vessel’s emergency beacon. However, customers need to purchase the Hydrostatic Release Unit seperately.
- Float Free Bracket
- Fits into existing mounting holes from previous Auto Housing bracket
- Magnet deactivates sea contacts when in bracket
- Sold seperately