Kannad SafePro EPIRB – GNSS (GPS)
The Kannad SafePro EPIRB includes 406MHz, 121.5MHz and also GNSS to accelerate search and rescue. In addition the unique power of these beacons is in the flexibility and additional tracking capabilities. Qualities long demanded by maritime customers.
Life Saving Innovation
- Unique location detection with the world’s first EPIRB to combine the GNSS coverage of GPS and also the precision location of Galileo
- Moreover, combining the benefits of multiple life saving products in one beacon
- Kannad SafePro are MEOSAR compatible for faster alert detection
- Has three search and rescue frequencies (406MHz, 121.5MHz and also GNSS) to support accelerated rescue
- Uses multiple GNSS receivers including GPS & Galileo, offering greater global coverage and also faster more accurate location detection
- Multi GNSS
SafeBase – Strong impact resistant base to limit damage to EPIRB if dropped.
SafeLight – Three powerful 360 degree strobe lights.
SafeChange – Easy to replace battery back and remove the electronic head. All this is done through the base of the EPIRB.
SafeSwitch – Helps prevent accidental activation by covering the power button.
SafeCarry – Concealed hands free emergency carry strap meets US 2016 mandate.
SafeTransfer – Safety bracket for transporting the EPIRB without the risk of accidental activation.
- Multi GNSS including Galileo
- Accidental activation protection
- Rugged construction optimised for commercial environments
- Hands free carry strap
- 360-degree strobe
- Comes with safety bracket
- 10-year battery life
- Sealed Electronic and also Battery Unit
- Manual/Auto release options
- Subscription Free
- Multiple self tests 120 short tests for system check and also 20 Long tests which include testing of the GNSS receivers
- Alerts global Search & Rescue professionals via Cospas Sarsat 406MHz frequency
- Locates to within 3-5km
- Uses 121.5Mhz frequency to home into EPIRB location
- Multiple false activation protection measures
- Optimised for MEOSAR Enhanced detection capability for accelerated rescue
The new range also offers greater location accuracy by including multiple GNSS receivers. This means the EPIRB will receive GNSS (more generally known by the brand name GPS) from more than one source of satellite frequency. Therefore increasing the speed and accuracy of locating your position on the water.
EPIRB Activation Options
Manual Activation EPIRBs: The unit comes in a SafeTransfer bracket which prevents accidental activation of the water switches. This needs to be removed and the unit submerged to activate. Moreover, users can lift the red tab and activate directly. In addition, the manual EPIRB is considered the crews’ emergency beacon and travels with the crew on to the liferaft.
- SmartTransfer Bracket
- Magnet deactivates sea contacts during transport
- Prevents unwanted activations
- Best to mount on bulkheads in clear view near emergency exit
Automatic Activation EPIRBs: The unit is in cased in a Auto-house containing a Hydrostatic Release Unit which activates when the vessel is submerged, releasing the water activated EPIRB. Moreover the Auto EPIRB is thought of as the vessel’s emergency beacon. However, customers need to purchase the Hydrostatic Release Unit seperately.
- Float Free Bracket
- Fits into existing mounting holes from previous Auto Housing bracket
- Magnet deactivates sea contacts when in bracket
- Sold seperately