SILVA 70UN Compass – Hand-held or in Bracket
The Silva 70UN is a universal compass that can be used in its bracket as a steering compass or as a handheld sighting compass.
You can install the SILVA 70UN in any inclination or position, even upside down. It is easily detached from the bracket to enable temporary sighting use as well as for security purposes. The compass has a main steering scale on the horizontal part and direct reading on the vertical edge.
Ideal for boats with a sitting as well as a standing helmsman. The curved lubber line enables swift and clear reading at a glance without parallax errors. Also, if dropped in the sea – it floats!
Suitable for small boats, kayaks, dinghies, canoes and more.
Try the SILVA 70UNE if you need an illuminated version.
SILVA 70UN Compass Features
- Read scales from front and above
- Fits in all boat types
- Mounted as well as handheld use
- Curved lubber lines allow accurate reading from different angles
- Compact size, small and also flexible
- Accuracy of ± 1° (17.8 mils)
- Calibrated for Magnetic North (good for Hong Kong, Macau and also other parts of Asia)
|Accuracy||± 1° (17.8 mils)|
|Apparent card diameter||70mm (2.7 inch)|
|Compatibility||Kayaks, Powerboats, Sailboats, Universal|
|Heeling angle||Roll: 30° Pitch: 360°|
|Heeling angle scale||No|
|Temperature operating range||-10°C to +70°C|
|Type of compass||Steering compass|