SILVA 85E Compass – For Small, Fast Boats – With Illumination
The Silva 85E is a stable compass for small, fast boats. Due to the integrated illumination, it is also suitable for night navigation. Furthermore it has a memory ring for setting the desired course.
Clear scales and quick readability make this compass perfect for navigating in high speed. The flat-bottom design enables flush installation without making large holes in the boat. Also, a common configuration is two 85E compasses, one on each rail. Consequently this enables you to move around more freely in the boat.
Thanks to the excellent dampening of the compass card, the SILVA 85E is suitable for high speeds and also rough conditions.
SILVA 85E Compass Features
- Double scales: Can be read from front and above
- Memory ring allows course setting
- Built in Illumination enables night navigation
- Curved lubber lines allow accurate reading from different angles
- Compact size
- Accuracy of ± 1° (17.8 mils)
- Calibrated for Magnetic North (good for Hong Kong, Macau and also other parts of Asia)
- Weight 300g
|Accuracy||± 1° (17.8 mils)|
|Apparent card diameter||85mm|
|Heeling angle||Roll: 30° Pitch: 30°|
|Heeling angle scale||No|
|Lubber lines||Centre and 2x side view at 45°|
|Mounting angle||-20° to +20°|
|Temperature operating range||-10°C to +70°C|
|Type of compass||Steering compass|