SILVA 70UNE Compass – With Illumination
The Silva 70UNE Compass comes with the same features as the 70UN Universal Compass, but it also has additional built in illumination. The red light is powered by two watch batteries and a waterproof switch. Silva’s 70UNE is a universal compass that can be used in its bracket as a steering compass or also as a handheld sighting compass.
You can install the SILVA 70UNE in any inclination or position, even upside down. Detach the compass from the bracket to enable temporary sighting use as well as for security purposes. The compass has a main steering scale on the horizontal part and direct reading on the vertical edge.
Ideal for boats with a sitting as well as with a standing helmsman. The curved lubber line enables swift and clear reading at a glance without parallax errors. Also, if dropped in the sea – it floats!
Small boats, kayaks, dinghies, canoes and more will find this compass useful.
SILVA 70UNE Compass Features
- Read scales from front and above
- Fits in all boat types
- Mounted as well as handheld use
- Illuminated by 12v red light for use at night
- Waterproof switch
- Curved lubber lines allow accurate reading from different angles
- Compact size, small and also flexible
- Accuracy of ± 1° (17.8 mils)
- Calibrated for Magnetic North (good for Hong Kong, Macau and also other parts of Asia)
|Accuracy||± 1° (17.8 mils)|
|Apparent card diameter||70mm (2.7 inch)|
|Compatibility||Kayaks, Powerboats, Sailboats, Universal|
|Heeling angle||Roll: 30° Pitch: 360°|
|Heeling angle scale||No|
|Temperature operating range||-10°C to +70°C|
|Type of compass||Steering compass|