Blundell Harling Parallel Rule Captain Fields Pattern
Traditional parallel rules made from perspex with plated brass links and four bevelled edges. Divided with protractor markings (double reading) and compass points. Manufactured from high quality 6mm acrylic. Bevelled on all four edges with solid brass links. All other metallic parts manufactured from non-corrosive materials. In addition, rubber pads are fitted to the underside to prevent slipping
Parallel Rule Features
- Divided with protractor markings (double reading) and compass points
- Manufactured from high quality 6mm acrylic
- Bevelled on all four edges with solid brass links
- Other metallic parts manufactured from non-corrosive materials
- Rubber pads fitted to the underside to prevent slipping
- Sizes Available: 400mm and 500mm
- A budget version called the ‘Middy‘ is also available
Navigational products manufactured by Blundell Harling Ltd.
Blundell Harling Ltd manufacture the ‘Portland’ range of navigational products in Weymouth, Dorset. The Portland course plotter was designed in partnership with the RYA. As a result, the RYA recommends the Portland course plotter for use on its training courses. Used with Imray and Admiralty charts to learn to plot accurate courses and work out bearings. Blundell Harling also supplies solid brass chart dividers for use with the plotters. The solid brass dividers come in a choice of single handed (SH) or straight, 175mm/7″ or 200mm/8″. The leisure marine industry uses the Portland course plotter and solid brass chart dividers as a manual backup in the event of electronic chart failure on yachts and motorboats.
Furthermore, Blundell Harling manufactures and supplies a range of products including protractors, Portland triangles, STD calculators, and parallel rules to the commercial shipping industry Worldwide.