Hawk Race Wind Indicator
The Hawk Race brings all the benefits of the Hawk Wind Indicator and mounts it in a secure manor at gooseneck height in front of the mast. Designed primarily for larger single handed Dinghies, the Hawk Race allows quick and accurate reference to wind direction without having to look at the top of the mast. Ideal for both upwind and downwind reference. The Hawk Race is also easily mounted and removed with a secure adjustable bracket.
The aluminium support rod is easily bent to any required angle, but easily straightened if accidentally knocked.
Hawk Race Wind Indicator Features:
- Vane Arm Length: 27cm
- Overall Height: n/a
- Overall Weight: 32gms
- Bearing: “V” Jewel
- UV Protected: Yes
- Balanced Arm: Counter Weight
Single Handed Racing Dinghies.
- Ensure all parts are present and identified
- Support Rod
- Vane Arm
- Locking Block + 2 Screws fitted
- Mast Clamp
- The Vane Arm should be perfectly balanced when it leaves the factory
- Test this by putting the Support Rod into the vane arm and just slowly lift it off the table. The Vane Arm should remain parallel to the table
- If either end of the Vane arm drops quickly you will need to reposition the Counter Weight
- Gently bend the front of the Vane Arm until the counter weight lifts up. Slide it in the necessary direction and retest
- When the position of the Counter Weight is correct ensure it is securely pushed into the Vane
- Place the lip of the Vane Arm shaft into the locking block recess
- Push the Support Rod up through the locking block and into the Vane
- Push the Support Rod in far enough to ensure the vane arm is lifted clear of the Locking Block Surface as in the photo
- The Vane arm should now turn perfectly with no friction
- Tighten the bottom of the 2 screws to lock the Lock-ing Block onto the Support
- Loosen the screw on the top of the Mast Clamp
- Push the Support rod all the way into the Mast Clamp socket. Tighten the screw to Lock the Support Rod into it
- Your Hawk Race is now ready to mount on the front of your mast.
Please refer to the manufacturer’s website for more information: www.hawkmarineproducts.com