The D-SPLICER set comes with four needles and an exchangeable handle, also they are packed in a tube for easy storage. Just unscrew the handle and change the needle matching the rope diameter you work with.
The D-Splicer works beautifully for lines of 4mm diameter or less and for any other rigging application where the usual fids don’t fit the bill.
The D-Splicer handle is made of anodized aluminium in order to last in maritime conditions.
The set comes with four needles of two different sizes:
- Two needles of ø 1 mm x 24 cm, suitable for the splicing of ropes < ø 2 mm
- Two needles of ø 1.5 mm x 26 cm, suitable for the splicing of ropes ø 2-4 mm
- Pull through operation
- Stainless steel wire needles
- Lightweight interchangeable handle
- Double needle clamps the line making it easy to pull through
- Perfect for smaller diameter ropes
- To keep the set complete, spare needles are available
We also sell soft and standard fids as well as a range of splicing needles from Holt Allen and also English Braids.