Clamcleat CL253 Trapeze & Vang Cleat
The cleat has an in-built pulley that offers a compact solution for rigging with a 1:1 or 2:1 advantage where a quick, positive lock that is easy to release if required. The Sailor’s preferred choice for adjusting trapeze lines. Perfect for a windsurfer’s harness and kitesurfer’s lines or also tensioning washing lines, banners etc.
Manufactured from aluminium for light weight and durable performance the Clamcleat CL253 Trapeze & Vang Cleat is available in two finishes:
- CL253 has a silver stove enamel finish for a cost effective, high quality coating.
- CL253AN has a hard anodised finish to give a hard wearing surface.
Clamcleat CL253 Trapeze & Vang Cleat Features
- Countersunk fixing holes
- Rope Size: 4-8mm
- Material: Aluminium
- Dimensions: 89 x 18mm
- Hole Spacing: 70mm
- Bolt Size: N/A
- Screw Size: N/A
- Weight: 46g
Can be used along with the CL834 Trapeze Handle, PT230SSE Rope Guide and the link is also replaceable with PTLINK.
The Clamcleat CL253 Trapeze & Vang Cleat is a cleat useful for adjusting the tension of several ropes throughout the rigging of many boats:
- Using a CL253 Trapeze & Vang cleat is a quick, easy and secure way to apply tension to the forestay.
- A CL253 Trapeze & Vang cleat can be used to tension the mainsail luff while another is used as a simple kicking strap or boom vang.
- Another interesting way to use a CL253 Trapeze & Vang cleat: to lead the clew outhaul out of the boom as well as cleating it.
- Mainsail foot tension can be adjusted using a CL253 Trapeze & Vang cleat on the outboard end of the boom on a small cruiser.
For full details of this and other products please go to the Clamcleat website here: www.clamcleat.com