SILVA 70P Compass – Bulkhead Mount
The SILVA 70P is a bulkhead mount compass designed for yachtsmen and kayakers that demand absolute accuracy as well as a steady card in all conditions.
The compass handles unlimited slope of the keel line and also a 30º heeling angle. A curved lubber line enables swift and clear reading at a glance without parallax errors. Furthermore, it has a main steering scale on the horizontal part and direct reading on the vertical edge.
70P is ideal for boats with a sitting as well as a standing helmsman. It can be mounted at most angles and its compact size makes it suitable for smaller boats.
SILVA 70P Compass Features
- Double scales: Can be read from front and above
- Fits in all boat types
- Curved lubber lines allow accurate reading from different angles
- Compact size, small and flexible
- Accuracy of ± 1° (17.8 mils)
- Calibrated for Magnetic North (good for Hong Kong, Macau and also other parts of Asia)
- Weight 344g
|Accuracy||± 1° (17.8 mils)|
|Apparent card diameter||70mm (2.7 inch)|
|Compatibility||Kayaks, Powerboats, Sailboats|
|Heeling angle||Roll: 30° Pitch: 30°|
|Heeling angle scale||No|
|Mounting angle||-10° to +110°|
|Temperature operating range||-10°C to +70°C|
|Type of compass||Steering compass|