iCOM IC-M93D Floating DSC VHF Radio – World’s Slimmest
5 Watt VHF with Float’n Flash and 9 Hours of Operation
Everything about the IC-M93D radio is professional and stylish with an easy-to-use interface. The M93 is slender, has a 2-tone body, is feature rich and also smart. Enjoy Icom’s continued tradition of Float’n Flash, AquaQuake™ and Active Noise Cancelling. The M93D will keep you safe with integrated GPS – providing location, bearing and also speed. In addition, this handheld meets ITU-R M493-13 Class D DSC with a dedicated built-in DSC receiver for CH70. Icom’s new M93D is built for the serious boater.
A flat sheet keypad not only makes the radio slim, but also provides positive click feeling. The M93D offers consistent and predictable operation based on the Icom’s common Marine Family User Interface. You can quickly access the required function by using soft keys. The most often-used 19 functions can be assigned at the bottom of the display and are toggled with the left and right keys.
The M93Ds large, full dot-matrix display clearly shows information. The large font and identifiable icons make easy to read. In addition, the display is high contrast and visible under direct sunlight.
Integrated GNSS Receiver
Integrated GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) receiver provides your location, bearing and speed with fast-setup time and pinpoint accuracy by using information from GPS, GLONASS, QZSS and SBAS (WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS). Using GNSS memory data, the M93D can fix positioning within 8–12 seconds after the radio is powered ON. Acquired position information can also be used for DSC calls and navigation to waypoints.
The iCOM IC-M93D floats back up to the surface if dropped overboard, even if the optional speaker microphone is attached.
Noise cancelling microphone
The sub-microphone on the rear panel inverts phase and cancels out ambient noise from the main microphone. As a result, the IC-M93D reduces the affect of background noise (particularly trebly noise) from the transmitted signal and makes it easier to catch voice communication.
Automatic volume adjustment
When in an engine room or high noise environment, the sub-microphone detects the ambient noise and the M37 automatically increases the volume output to suit the surrounding environment.
- IPX7 submersible (1 m depth of water for 30 minutes)
- Supplied rapid charger, BC-220
- BP-285 user replaceable Li-ion battery pack supplied
- Charges in 3 hours on rapid charge
- Hong Kong 96 & 99 channels pre programmed in
- Built-in Class D DSC. A red rear panel button allows for distress calls
- Navigation function from current position to the specified waypoint
- 50 waypoint memories with alphanumeric name for navigation
- Weather channel receive with alert function
- Dual/Tri-watch function for monitoring CH16 and/or call channel
- Battery indicator shows remaining battery power in four levels
- Favorite channel function for quick access to often used functions
- AquaQuake™ draining function clears water away from the speaker grill
- Float’n Flash allows the user to see the radio when dropped in the water
- Active Noise Canceling digitally removes background noise from both transmit and receive audio
Each Icom M93D Floating Handheld VHF Radio Comes with
- AC adapter, BC-123SA/SE*
- Battery charger, BC-220
- Battery pack, BP-285
- Cigarette lighter cable, CP-25H
- Belt clip, MB-133
- Antenna, FA-SC59V
- Hand strap
* May differ depending on version