Stainless Steel Claw Anchor
High quality casting stainless steel anchors that make all the difference. Easier to keep clean and non-rusting, the claw anchor will compliment any boat. Supplied in a number of weights and ideal for rocks, sand and muddy sea beds you won’t know why you stuck with galvanised steel for so long.
Originally designed in the early 1970s by Peter Bruce, the design was based on his other large-scale commercial anchors for fixed installations such as oil rigs and drilling platforms. The original Bruce Anchor and its copies have garnered a large following among boaters.
Due to its simple construction, the claw anchor is relatively inexpensive when compared to other styles of anchors. Being the shape of an open claw, the design intent was to allow the anchor to tip in any direction when it reaches the bottom and still be able to set properly.
- Stows easily on a bow roller
- High-strength one-piece design
- Sets quickly and reliably in most bottom types and resets well.
- Works well in mud, sand and rocky bottoms
- Works well in silt bottoms, may hold in rock
- Roll stabilized
- A reputation for not breaking out during wind/tide changes
- Designed to withstand change of direction and pull, once the anchor is set, over a range of 360 degrees
- Perform relatively well on short scopes and set fairly reliably
- The Bruce anchor is designed to right itself, no matter how it lands on the bottom
For all kinds and sizes of small boats and yachts; choose the right size that suits you!
Recommended Weight/Boat Size
- Anchor Weight / Boat Length / Chain Diameter:
- 7.5kg (16.5lb) / 7 to 9.5m (21 to 30ft) / 6mm (1/4in)
- 10kg (22lb) / 8 to 11m (25 to 34ft) / 8mm (5/18in)
- 20kg (44lb) / 11 to 14m (35 to 44ft) / 10mm (3/8in)
For product pricing and stock availability please call +852 2827 5876 or contact us.