Blue Wave Gate Hook (Pelican Hook)
This top of the line Blue Wave Gate Hook is based on the “over the center” principal. The load is carried on the body, not on the hook, for greater safety and ease of operations. Gate hooks are also known as Pelican Hooks. These stainless steel hooks are corrosion and acid resistant with a high gloss polish.
The construction and nature of these parts make them ideal for not only marine use but for architectural projects both inside and outside.
- High quality 316 stainless steel
- Thread sizes from M6 to M8 also 5/16″ to 1/4″
- Right or left hand thread available
- Available in metric and imperial sizes
- Load carried in the body rather than hook
- Excellent strength to weight ratio
- For marine and architectural use
- Comes with Pull Pin
- Gate hooks also known as Pelican Hooks
- Not all sizes mentioned in this overview are normally in stock
Wire or Rod Rigging? – Blue Wave have the fittings!
Blue Wave offer a wide range of high quality stainless steel marine fittings. The Blue Wave range complies with AISI 316 standards and is also available in combination with chrome bronze. In addition, there are several interchangeable combinations of components, which can be used to complete the optimal wire or rod rig for almost every boat or dinghy.
How to avoid pitting corrosion
The best way to maintain stainless steel fittings from being affected by pitting corrosion is by rinsing them with fresh water. Especially mentionable when it hasn’t rained for a while!
A major factor in this is time. The longer the salty liquid stays, the more aggressive/quicker the reaction will be.