High performance trapeze single-hander – ultra-light, fast, challenging and addictive. The RS600 is all of these!
The RS600 has won the enthusiasm of hundreds of single handed sailors. It is faster than most two person boats and is still one the lightest, most responsive production sailboats around.
Strong enough to take the punishment, sailing an RS600 is pure adrenaline.
Hull and handling
- Enormous speed potential is matched by excellent handling.
- Vacuum bagged epoxy foam sandwich construction results in a hull that is fantastically strong, yet only weighs a stunning 52kg.
- Helming from the wire is made easy by the purpose designed geometry of the cockpit.
- High wing freeboard above the water gives a secure feel and all controls are easily reached.
- Daggerboard for low drag efficiency.
- Lifting rudder for easy launch and recovery.
- Sophisticated GRP sandwich construction gives strong, light, high performance foils.
- Carbon fibre mast gives a uniquely dynamic rig and the flextop delivers exceptional gust response.
- Lightweight and strong.
- Fully battened mainsail to stabilise the shape and reduce flogging.
- Scrim mylar for tear resistance.
- Mast and sail work together to create a perfect rig. Pull the cunningham and watch the mast bend, the sail flatten and the upper leach open. Real power control.
- High performance is attainable from the big rig in only 8 knots of wind.
- Simple and highly effective reefing system reduces the sail area by nearly 20% and allows the boat speed to go on up as the wind increases.
- Removable mast extension – twin position shroud and trapeze settings – zip up sail foot. When reefed the sail head still reaches the top of the mast so maintains full tip response.
- The reefing system not only assists speed in a breeze, but also makes mastering the RS600 within the reach of most competent sailors…and a lot of fun
The RS600 is available in a couple of set-up options, please go to the official site www.rssailing.com to see the full range of options. We are here to help too, feel free to get in touch and we can help with pricing and details, please call +852 2827 5876 or use our contact page.