Fast, responsive and challenging. The RS300 is a definitive boat. It has masses of innovative design features to improve handling and performance and has won accolades ever since the day it was launched.
The RS300 has quite a cult following – In it for the long haul, sailors of the RS300 are after challenging yet rewarding sailing in what is one of the quickest boats on the market.
Looking like it could take off at any moment, and with lines the envy of every boat in the park, she’s more than aesthetically pleasing. It’s the boat that evokes passion and desire –
carefully designed to be both beautiful and extreme the RS300 is truly inspirational.
- Advanced computer design process – as used on the RS600 – produces a stunning, mathematically fair hull form
- Narrow waterline and fine entry provide easily driven acceleration and speed
- Flared topsides give leverage and reserve stability
- Ergonomic deck and cockpit design, arrived at after hours of development, gives a comfortable bent leg hiking position
- Staggeringly light
- Bullet proof epoxy foam sandwich construction system so the RS300 will be fast for years
- Daggerboard for low drag efficiency
- Rake-back system to prevent damage if you run aground.
- Lifting rudder for easy launch and recovery
- Sophisticated GRP sandwich construction gives strong, light, high performance foils
- Long mainsail luff – crucial to power and speed
- Centre of effort kept down with a low tack position
- Steeply raked boom to give clearance for the sailor further aft
- “Soft” sail and carbon composite mast work together to give exceptional automatic gust response from the rig
- Mylar / Dacron sail, for long life and shape control
- No shrouds so the boom can be fully squared on a run for maximum power and VMG
- Specially developed performance equalisation system to give a broad competitive weight range. The problem faced when equalising a dinghy of this type is that much of the time downwind is spent sitting “in” the boat, so leverage equalisation does not have any effect
- The RS300 uses two sail sizes to ensure that the power to weight ratio and handling characteristics are similar for both large and small sailors
The RS300 is available in a couple of set-up options, please go to the official site www.rssailing.com to see the full range of options. We are here to help too, feel free to get in touch and we can help with pricing and details, please call +852 2827 5876 or use our contact page.