The RS Vareo is a spinnaker powered single-handed dinghy that brings exciting performance within reach for most sailors. It even offers space for an occasional crew member.
The stable hull, responsive rig and easy handling systems make the RS Vareo an attainable challenge to sail. The RS Vareo has two mainsail size options which allows the relative novice to cut their teeth and expand the boat in line with their growing experience.
The RS Vareo offers fantastic single handed sailing, thrilling downwind action, exciting racing… and much more.
RS Vareo Features
- Light, stable and versatile
- Immensely strong hull laminate ensures a long competitive life and trouble free sailing
- Spacious cockpit allows plenty of space to carry a crew
- Layout designed to enable everything, including the spinnaker, to be comfortably handled by one person
- Self draining cockpit
- Highly durable extruded anodised aluminium foils
- Lifting rudder for easy launching
- Light composite tip / alloy lower mast
- The mainsail hoists in a track, so unlike a sleeved luff mainsail you don’t have to lift the rigged mast and sail into the boat together
- The sail can be left in the cockpit until you are rigged, changed and ready to sail
- Choose from the standard Mylar (higher performance) main or the Storm (novice – intermediate) main
- Radial cut Mylar mainsail with full length battens for power and performance
- Radial cut asymmetric spinnaker for downwind fun and exceptional speed
- Optional semi battened Storm sail for control in higher winds
- Storm sail has reefing points so that less experienced / lighter sailors can enjoy high wind sailing
- The asymmetric spinnaker makes the RS Vareo a fantastic single hander, or a great all rounder with plenty to excite the crew
- Easy one line asymmetric system – ideal for single-handed sailors of all abilities
- Huge spinnaker chute for quick, easy hoists and drops
The RS Vareo is available in a couple of set-up options, please go to the official site www.rssailing.com to see the full range of options. We are here to help too, feel free to get in touch and we can help with pricing and details, please call +852 2827 5876 or use our contact page.